A prestigious scholarship program called Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2024 provides students from all walks of life with the chance to apply for scholarships that are equally open to Europeans and non-Europeans. Students from all over the world can apply. This scholarship program provides approximately 1500 scholarships each year for international students who are interested in studying a master’s degree or PhD degree in Germany through this scholarship program as part of their studies. Among students who wish to pursue a study abroad program in Germany, this scholarship program is extremely popular.
Any German university that has received state recognition as an institute of higher education can accept the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship. The scholarship is available to students whose expenses in Germany cannot be covered, and who are unable to pay for them. The deadlines for the submission of applications are March 1st and September 1st. It is now time to secure your admission into a German university if you haven’t already, and then to apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship if you require funding to study in Germany after you have already been admitted to a German university. Below you will find more information about this event.
· Degree level: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
· Number of scholarships: 1,500
· Application deadlines: 1st March 2024, 1st September 2024
Note: Currently, Heinrich Boll Foundation is not taking applications from students interested in undergraduate education.
o Non-EU Students: A monthly stipend of 934 euros is provided to cover living expenses, health insurance, and tuition fees in some cases, which can be covered by the university.
o EU Student: each month, they will receive 812 euros as a stipend, and 300 euros as a book allowance.
o Non-EU PhD students: They will be paid €1,200 per month plus €100 per month mobility allowance plus a variety of other allowances; they will not have to pay tuition fees.
o EU PhD students: At German universities, doctoral students cannot pay tuition fees. However, to a limited extent in other European countries, this is possible due to research costs allowances of up to €100 per month.
· All nationalities are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
· Students from both German and international universities are welcome to apply for this program.
· Students who demonstrate financial need as well as outstanding academic records are eligible to receive scholarships
· In order to apply, applicants must use the online application system to submit their applications.
• Until the end of the first semester of your master’s program, you can apply for the scholarship before you start your master’s program.
· To be considered for admission, you must provide proof of your first professional qualification.
· It is a requirement that you possess a certain level of proficiency in German, which is Level B2 or DSH 2 (with a German proficiency certificate).
· Your application must include proof that you have been accepted to a state or state-recognized university, commonly located in Germany, to pursue doctoral studies.
· It is very important that you have completed preliminary work and have submitted a valid timetable by the end of the application period.
· Priority will be given to PhD students who are interested in a topic that is related to the Foundation’s focal points.
· In order to qualify for this program, you must have a specific level of German proficiency, which is Level B2 or DSH 2 (with a certificate).
There is an online application process that you need to follow. I have provided a link below that will take you to the official website. From there, you will need to follow the application process.