It is an excellent opportunity for international students to pursue a PhD abroad for free by applying for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024 in the UK. Commonwealth Scholarships 2024 support brilliant and outstanding applicants from high-income countries who want to pursue a full-time doctoral degree in the field of mathematics. As a result of this fully funded UK scholarship, students will gain the skills, abilities, and knowledge that they need to achieve sustainable development. As a result of this scholarship, they will also be able to make a difference in their home countries, which will enhance their leadership skills. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) offers these scholarships in the United Kingdom and it is an excellent opportunity for outstanding students to study in the country. In a similar fashion to Commonwealth scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships encourage students from diverse backgrounds, countries, and races to apply for doctoral scholarships in the United Kingdom. There are fully funded scholarships in the UK that also promote cooperation and collaboration among countries, so it’s worth reading all the way to the end.
In addition, international PhD scholarships will also contribute to the development of individual teaching and research capacity, increasing institutional capacity within Commonwealth countries in academics and other sectors, and enhancing the quality of UK higher education and research by attracting international students from high-income countries. Also, all international students will be provided with full financial assistance as a result of the scholarships. It is important to note that a fully funded scholarship includes all tuition fees, return airfares, accommodations, living stipends, and a grant for international travel related to academia. A number of factors will be considered when selecting candidates for the UK Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024, including academic merit, the quality of the study plan, and the quality of the research proposal.
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships are funded by the UK Department for Education (DFE), and they provide talented and motivated individuals with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for sustainable development in high-income countries. It is a program that is designed for those who would be unable to afford to study in the UK otherwise. The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the world’s largest and most prestigious international scholarships and fellowships.
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for 2024 will focus on the following themes:
There are a number of PhD scholarships that are open to international students for the following topics:
- Promoting global prosperity
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- The role of science and technology in development
- Strengthening international peace, security and governance
- Resilience and response to the crisis
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
Duration of the PhD program:
This fully funded UK Commonwealth Scholarship program is available for PhD students for a period of three years.
· Country: United Kingdom
· Financial coverage: Fully funded.
· Eligible Regions: The following countries are Antilles, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Malta, New Zealand, Seychelles, Singapore, St Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands.
· Deadline: February 27, 2024
The Commonwealth PhD Scholarships in the UK offer you the opportunity to study for a PhD for free in the UK. Opportunities Circle has listed the criteria below so you can check your eligibility for this scholarship.
Eligibility criteria for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024:
- In order for a candidate to be eligible for the Commonwealth scholarship, he/she must be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country.
- A person must be able to demonstrate that he or she is currently residing in a country that is eligible for Commonwealth membership, and that the residence period preceding the application submission was at least two years.
- It is also important to note that the applicant must not be registered for or have begun a PhD or an MPhil leading to a PhD at a UK university prior to the beginning of the scholarship period.
- Applicants will be required to be available to start the scholarship and academic study in the UK as early as September/October 2024 (the exact date will be determined by the CSC).
- It should also be noted that the Commonwealth PhD Scholarship is not applicable to individuals who have already started their PhD in the UK before September 2024.
- When applying for this PhD scholarship in the UK, applicants must be able to demonstrate a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honors standard or a lower second-class degree, and a relevant postgraduate qualification (typically a Master’s degree) during the application process.
- There is also a requirement in the application process for proof of the degree that has been obtained.
- In addition to that, they should not be part of any PhD or MPhil program in their home country or anywhere else in the world.
Are you planning to apply for the Commonwealth PhD scholarships in the UK? Then take a moment to read about the benefits and funding covered by the UK scholarship. We have listed the benefits of the Commonwealth PhD scholarship for international students below.
Benefits of Commonwealth PhD scholarships 2024:
- Scholars are covered for the cost of airfare from their home country to the UK as well as the return flight at the end of the scholarship.
- The stipend for those studying in the metropolitan area of London is £1,652 per month, while for those studying in the rural areas of the country, the stipend is £1,347 per month.
- It is also important to note that the UK scholarship includes approved tuition fees, as the CSC and the UK University came to an agreement to cover the full fee. Scholars do not have to pay any portion of the tuition fee.
- As part of their compensation, they are also entitled to receive an allowance for warm clothing, if applicable.
- A study travel grant is also provided to scholars to assist with the costs of study-related travel within the UK or abroad during the course of their studies.
- For a maximum of nine months, Commonwealth scholars are entitled to a family allowance of £290 per month if they have a spouse, but no children. In the case of a spouse and children, they receive a monthly allowance of £290 as well as a child allowance of £290 for the first child and a child allowance of £143 for the second and third child under 16 years of age.
- In the event that an applicant is declared to have a disability, the CSC will assess your needs and determine whether you are eligible for additional financial assistance.
- For international scholars who are interested in studying in the UK for free, the Commonwealth PhD scholarship is a great opportunity.
Documents Required for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships:
- You must provide proof that you are a citizen or have refugee status from a Commonwealth country that is eligible for this program
- The copy of a valid passport (or a proof of identity with a photograph and the date and place of birth of the individual) must be submitted.
- Complete transcripts
- References (at least 2)
- Statement of support from a proposed UK supervisor in support of the application
- The following is a list of publications and prizes that have been won up to ten
- I would like to know how to apply for the Commonwealth PHD Scholarships in the UK in 2024.
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships are currently open for applications for high-income countries who are interested in applying for the scholarship.
- By clicking on the ‘apply now’ button below, applicants will be able to apply online for the Commonwealth PhD scholarships offered by the Commonwealth.
- There is an online application system maintained by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) through which all applications must be submitted.
- As with the candidates, it is important for them to complete and submit their applications as early as possible.
- If you plan to apply for a PhD Commonwealth Scholarship in the UK, you will need to ensure that you meet the requirements and eligibility criteria.
- In July 2024, applicants can expect to receive the outcome of their applications in relation to their applications.
- It is important to keep in mind that the CSC communicates results through email, and as such, applicants should closely monitor all folders in their email accounts.
- In addition to the application form, applicants must submit the necessary documents with their application before the deadline.
- There is a deadline for the application for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships of 27 February 2024.